I love the 4th of July. My favorite holidays in order are July 4th, Halloween, Christmas.
Strange? True.
The 4th of July takes the cake. It's hot outside, people are barbecuing, splashing in pools, watching parades, making homemade ice cream, socializing, setting off fireworks, and just loving life in the summertime.
Matt and I made the trip to Boston Friday afternoon so that we could be in town for the famous Boston Pops Concert and fireworks.
AND since we didn't want to get stuck in traffic for 4 hours after the show, we stayed at the lovely, historic (and slightly creepy) Eliot Hotel right on Commonwealth.

We then took off and walked all around Boston, sightseeing and people watching.

This is where the Boston Massacre happened.
Now there is a subway station on the main floor.

Street performers at Faneuil Hall.

View of the Charles river from the Boston Harbor

Over 500,000 people were in attendance. Definitely not fun for anyone with claustrophobia.
![[DSC02002.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhU4PZ4Sa2CYTfBIVmVUIWTiH8eI18GIT0SlEMztmmpOFod_4v5xKAnzM59rimb6Hq8mn02S5dC9CKYc7olftzokkp02tmH3X153NRxEl4O6bKcwtDslTUfcVak2IKu5QDJj45BL47mLNg/s1600/DSC02002.jpg)
The Boston Pops & Rascal Flatts performed
My favorite part of the 4th.
The end of a wonderful day.

We had SO much fun and I am just loving NH and Boston more and more each day.
I love that Matt can turn any day into an adventure, and we have many more to come.
7 comments:
we share an affinity for holidays... and shirts. would you come back already please
Wow! It looks like you had a blast! You know, I've always thought Christmas was my favorite holiday, but I really loved the 4th of July this year! Seriously, being able to spend a holiday eating whatever, blowing up stuff, and swimming... you're right, how can life get any better? What I am curious about though is why Halloween gets second place on your list? I'm still a huge fan of Christmas... there's just a special feeling that time of year that beats out all other holidays.
Yay, we can be blog friends!! I'm so jealous you got to see that 4th of July show in person!!
"I like Santa" but....
Fireworks are cool.
Big Dog
All of my posts are going to have to be under the pseudonym of "anonymous" as I cannot create an account. I try to create one with my email address and it says that my address is already being used. So I try to sign in and it says that it does not recognize my email!!!!! Technology blows!
I'm smart and technology is stupid. Love you.
Big Dog
I have always wanted to go to Boston. You guys always look like you are having such a good time and it so fun that life is an adventure. Enjoy it!!!
are YOU announcing something is the real question. sadly, no good news in the way of tutus or airplanes. but, i think you should hurry back here.
Post a Comment