Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"You serious, Clark?"

Oh Uncle Eddie*

I'm not sure what inspired this post...probably the fact that I'll be visiting my family in Washington soon and we have some obscure movie favorites. TOO many to post but I thought I'd see if anyone else has random movies that are family favorites. 

I KNOW C. Skousen has to have some good ones... :)
Anyway these movies are the source of many inside jokes and quotes in the Stauffer household. If you haven't seen them you are missing out.







I can't wait for this one to be in season...



SO many other greats, but these definitely top the list.

2 comments:

Sarah Nelson said...

Okay, I am SO with you about Young Frankenstein! That movie is hilarious and has provided many laughs in our household as well. I've also seen Christmas Vacation (definitely funny), but I've never seen the other movies! I guess I'll be busy renting some out this week! I have another movie to add to the list that my family always quotes and thinks is hilarious... if you haven't seen it then you MUST rent it... "The Burbs" with Tom Hanks. Although, it seems to be really funny to my family and not always funny to everyone else.

Christina and Ryan said...

Do I love being mentioned by name in your post? Yes I do. I'm glad that you know my family is off beat in an awesome/funny way so I'm guaranteed to have something to add. Some movies that have been or still are popular in my family are: White Chicks, Heavyweights, National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation (I put a dollar in I got a car, I put a dollar in I got a car..)in addition to Christmas Vacation, The Peanut Butter Solution (LOOK IT UP. it's weird but as kids we loved it/were afraid of it)Hocus Pocus, Jingle all the Way ( You, Jamie, you are the winner!) Adventures in Babysitting, Pippi Longstocking-the tv shows in addition to the movie,and Little Monsters. If you like any of these movies let me know. We could have a movie/low-fat ben and jerry's night sometime!