Matt had a happy birthday last Saturday, complete with the traditional Fuddrucker's b-day dinner (his favorite) and a cold stone ice cream cake (my favorite). Unfortunately I asked the people at Fuddrucker's to keep the ice cream cake in the freezer 'til we were ready and I think they kept it in the fridge instead.
As you can see the writing & decorations started to melt off the sides lol. Oh well, it still tasted great




Happy 24th to Matt!...Now on to something a LOT less appetizing.
The other night Matt and I heard some scratching around somewhere in our house. We live on the second floor so I thought it was unlikely that we had a mouse. However when I pin-pointed the sound to the tube behind our dryer (gross) I could understand how a mouse could get in there. *It was at this moment I learned that not only does matt hate spiders snakes and frogs (!?) he also hates mice. Why do I need him around? Someone remind me please. Luckily my mom taught us how to deal with these "varmints". NBD.
After asking around I decided maybe I should run the dryer for a minute or two to help blow the little guy back out to where he came from. Well I heard a sickening thud as soon as I turned it on and thought--hopefully-it was the mouse going away.
The next day the smell came. I didn't hear anymore scratching so NOW I figured I had a dead mouse stuck in my dryer tube. Matt was still unwilling to climb back there so we pulled the dryer away from the wall and I climbed on over to pull out the tube and scoop up my dead mouse.
As I pulled out the tube (and was overwhelmed by the nasty smell!) I used a flashlight to try and spot the little guy. After moving some lint around I thought I saw the tail. SO I reached in with my garbage bag acting as a glove and started to pull. As I pulled it didn't feel like a tail at all and when I got a good handle on it I looked down and saw...
...
...
THAT I HAD A FREAKING BIRD STUCK IN THE TUBE! A LARGE NASTY SMELLY BIRD!!!!!!!!

SO disgusting. Matt also doesn't like birds. Looks like I'm in for a life of spider smashing and mice catching---for the record I love frogs and snakes and I'll let our kids have them as pets. Matt will just have to deal with it. Anyway, I am glad that the problem is solved and the smell is already gone. I haven't been motivated to blog lately but I thought this should be shared.
10 comments:
I'm a woman!
TOTALLY GROSS!!!!!! You are so brave to reach in there unaware! I think I would have wanted 100 layers of garbage bags between me and the unknown dead thing... with a thin bag I can still feel it's shape in my hand... eww! So now I know who to call when I have a problem! Way to be the man of the family! Ha ha... just kidding Matt!
That is absolutely disgusting!!!! Toni, I definately have a new found respect for you and your brass you-know-what =)
I seriously think that you are superwoman! Feel free to use your super awesome skills at our home anytime. I actually had to call my StepDad last week to come kill a spider in Ethan's room...that's how much of a wuss I am!
That is ridiculous!! And I know the smell you are talking about because when I was younger a FAMILY OF BIRDS was dead in our window ledge underneath the air conditioner. Fortunately my dad was manly enough to handle the dead birds (Matt...). Toni, I am impressed. I freak out over ants. Maybe hatred of animals/insects is an East Coast thing?
ok the whole time i was reading this and scrolling down i was just hoping a picture of the nasty dead mouse would not be included- it wasn't but thanks for the dead bird.. and remind me to tell you the story of my Matt and me and birds in our dryer tube. its a good one
holy freaking crap. this is why i love you guys. that is so stinking disgusting and i can't get over it. a BIRD!? a bird.
ironically, i have recently also retrieved a dead bird out of a room in our house and while i could not control my dry heaving (and was afraid i was somehow getting bird flu), i will take a bird over a mouse ANYDAY. SICK. glad you figured it out! :)
on a more--- "i'm not a dead bird, but still kind of exciting" note--- i have joined the blogging world and felt that it was necessary for you to know. i love you.
that is unbelievable!!! and matt i am right there with you... anti spiders, mice, birds, stay puff marshmallow man, wicker furniture, ect, ect. ect.
Post a Comment