Really? Do we really only have one week left till the cross-country drive back to Utah? Geeze. It has been an exciting, adventurous summer and now it is time to go back to normal life.
I really am so proud of Matt and how hard he has worked this summer. We wake up every morning at 5:30 and I drop Matt off at his vanpool. From there he has an hour and a half commute into Boston where he works all day in his cubicle (see below). I've been able to work from home and hang out with Janice (by the pool*) while Matt slaves away. He has gained a lot of experience and has had fun but I'm sure he's looking forward to the role reversal of me working all day while he goes to school. Regardless, I'm a lucky wife.

Last week Ashlee came to visit which I was very excited for...it evened out the men-to-women ratio here in the Cook household. It really was so fun to have her come play.
Ashlee, don't kill me for posting this, it was cute of both of you :)
Friday night at the Boston Temple .

The beautiful Boston skyline...I will miss this.
For dinner we went to the Chart House, a great restaurant on the Bay. While there Matt decided we should be " boat people". Put that on the long-term life goal list.
My great In-Laws enjoying the city lights by the ocean.

I love the historic feel to the buildings in Boston.

I love the historic feel to the buildings in Boston. This restaurant used to be John Hancock's counting house.
Saturday Matt and I did what was probably one of my favorite activities of the summer. We went to Concord MA and rented a canoe and paddled up the Concord river to the Old North Bridge where the revolutionary war started. Amazing. I didn't end up taking my camera so these are photos from the web but you get the idea...



Saturday night Bryson cooked lobster. Meaning I met, befriended, and then dropped the little guys into pots of boiling water. Worth it. They were quite delicious, and the whole time I thought of Grandma Stauffer :) You know why.



5 comments:
k. i really might have to kill you. or get even. beware :) so fun playing with you last week! i love you and that cute little husband of yours! can't wait till you are back in p town!!!!
Guess what you are going to have to do when you come here. I want to see you cook Lobsters.
We miss you guys and look forward to seeing you soon. Drive carefully.
Love you lots
Grandma G
I wish I was there for all of the fun! Okay, seriously, how much does Janice LOVE Legal Seafood?
I'm excited to see you again when you get home! I mean, I'm sure I'll see you sometime in the Fall with us being in Rexburg and all (ooh! I ryhmed!). You feel so far away over there on the East Coast... come back! You belong on the West Coast! Drive safe!
Oh wow, how fun for you!! Boston is beautiful!! Are you going back to True Blue?
Post a Comment