Tuesday, August 12, 2008

9 States in 2 days. 5 of them part of the "tornado ally."
I always thought I'd like to try storm-chasing and I thought our odds were good this trip



 The Panoramic view was pure blue skies except for this beauty. I snapped this out the window while Matt was driving.
To my dismay, it never developed into a twister, but it entertained me for a good 30 minutes.
Can you see the face? Off to the right...
The cloud did develop into quite the electrical storm, however. A bolt every 8-10 seconds was what I counted. This lasted for a good 10 minutes. 

The sky turned pink (way more than the pic shows) and it reminded me of the movie Ghostbusters, where the sludge fills the sky. 



3 comments:

Josh and Tiff said...

well i'm excited for you guys to come back! maybe we can go out? tennis maybe??? i'm glad you had the chance to experience the east coast... i secretly hope to live there at some point in my life. it is amazing out there!

Sarah Nelson said...

What a traveler!!!!! Hopefully, you aren't too bored on the drive! Greg and I will be in Utah for Labor Day weekend so maybe we'll get to see you! I sure do miss you when we can't simply take a four hour drive to visit you!

Matt & Megan Berry said...

If my calculations are correct.... you're here! and i feel we should celebrate or at least make eye contact or something. i've missed those ojos de vaca!