Sunday, August 10, 2008

on the road again...

Tomorrow morning Matt and I embark on our return to Utah. 

road.jpg image in uZa_Wallpapers
A 3-day cross-country road trip. It's cliche, but I really feel like we just got here.

Things I will miss about New England..

*My in-laws. Seriously. They have been so fun and so generous. I will have so many wonderful memories from this summer and it's all because of them (Tyler included!)

*New England accents/lingo. 
 For example: Brar --- female undergarment, bra.
Bundle--- grocery bag
Ahnt--- your uncle's wife
Jimmies--- sprinkles on your ice cream
Wicked--- a general intensifier,  "that's wicked awesome"
Gahbidge---trash is dry, gahbidge is wet
Carriage---a grocery cart

I heard all these at one point or another, usually  from rough looking females. The Jimmies thing really confused me at first.

*PANERA    like Kneader's, but SOOO much better.


*The Scenery. A path like this is found in everyone's backyard, you don't have to hike a mountain for beautiful lush scenery.



*Planet Fitness. Thanks for being there for me every morning at 6 am after I dropped Matt off for work, and thanks for providing me with many a character to 'people watch'. 


FRESH Seafood.  Delicious.

      
SOX FANS.  They are INSANE and I love it.
red-sox-1.jpg Sox Fans image by brady12fan
Along with them, I will also miss unlimited New England sports coverage on NESN. Especially Sports Desk. Who knew they show it four times in a row from 6 am to 8 am.  And yes, twice at the gym I watched the same episode 4 times...



Geeze, there is so much more I will definitely miss. I've loved experiencing the East Coast life for the summer. Time to get back to reality. Wish us luck on our 36 HOUR DRIVE!!!

1 comment:

Christina and Ryan said...

I have one more word to add to your list:
farty = forty
The first time I heard that I was 14 and practically laughed in the woman's face when she said "That was farty years ago.."
I hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable ride back here!