"Things to do in my life" checklist:
1.) See a game at Fenway. Check!
This weekend, Ma and Pa Cook planned an amazing overnight trip to Boston for the four of us. We had SO much fun. I know it's an excessive amount of pictures but I just couldn't cut one more out.
Bryson got home from work and we left right away to meet Matt in Boston. We dropped our stuff off at the beautiful Hotel Commonwealth. It was literally down the street from Fenway.

You can see that CITGO sign from the stadium.

Oh Yawkey way, every bit as awesome as I imagined.

My first Fenway frank, haha, plus the extras which Matt said I HAD to try.


The Fam! I love this picture. Luckily, we took it before the downpour
and one hour rain delay.

The Champs!! Making their way around the field on the duck boats

KG made sure to say hi to me, as expected.

The two biggest Sox fans you'll ever meet.

The game was so fun, I loved every single rained out minute. There really is nothing like watching a baseball game from classic American Fenway. So much history and so much loyalty!
Saturday morning we got up, grabbed Dunkin' Donuts bagels (a favorite in the making), and headed to Quincy to take a tour of John Adam's birthplace and home.
Matt getting into character.

Bryson and Matt infront of the Adam's MASSIVE home. We loved all the history and the chance to see the untouched rooms and walk the hallways that our 2nd and 6th Presidents walked. Very cool.

This was the Stone Library, home to over 14,000 books covering every topic imaginable. During the tour I noticed one titled, "The Ages of Female Beauty." Interesting...

We had a blast and I just loved the history at Fenway AND the Adam's residence. We learned a ton and just had a wonderful weekend together.
Not only do my in-laws let us invade their basement... they plan wicked awesome stuff for us to do together. Needless to say, I am having a great summer:)
4 comments:
Yeah I am glad you contacted me! It looks like you are guys are having so much fun back east. I recently went back east to visit my brother and it is beautiful. Well the reason I am leaving the blaze is to move to Canada, my husband got a job out there so we said why not! I'm not quite sure what I am going to do out there yet. Ahh. I am glad you are doing well, stay in touch.
That was definitely not too many pictures. I want more!
Glad you guys had such a fun weekend. Wish we could have been there. See you in two weeks!
I am envious of your experiences and travels while you are there. It sounds like you are having so much fun. We loved being back East many years ago.
We love and miss you guys.
Grandma G
Looks like you had a blast! I'm way jealous! I love historical stuff! I need to make a trip back East. And I won't comment on your anti-Lakers post below. Okay... maybe I will. Greg was rooting for the Lakers and he likes Kobe (at least on the court). I'm not a Laker fan (I just can't get over the Lakers/Kings crap), but I admit, I was wanting the Celtics to lose. Now that it's over, I'm actually happy for them... and Matt probably needed this dose of happiness after the Patriots. Congrats guys!
Post a Comment