I am finally getting re-acquainted with my favorite hobby...reading! Since I was little I've loved getting lost in books and the feeling that when you open the pages you could just transport to different a place and time. Throughout college I just never felt I had time to read for pleasure. There were just too many other assigned readings that took up all my time.
But I am finally back and have a list of probably 15 books that I cant wait to read. Earlier this summer I read (and loved) The Secret Life of Bees.
Last Thursday I finished this gem, These Is My Words.

I wont post a synopsis or anything and I realize that many of you have probably already read it. (I am a little behind in the current 'good reads'.). It's got a good western feel to it if you like that kinda thing. Honestly, it's set in a time I would like to go back to and if I could, I would be this woman. Anyway, if you haven't read it, do. If you have read it, I hear there are two more: Sarah's Quilt, and The Star Garden...any reviews on those two??
3 comments:
hey Tone, just found your blog and it made me so happy. Looks like you two are having fun. I am just starting this book and I really like it as well. I too would want to be like the main character, so tough. I dont know much about those other books. What are the other books on your list? I'll share mine if you share yours.... We will have to hangout when you guys get back.
Do you have 'The Secret Life of Bees' with you in NH? If so, can I read it when I'm out there?
I love reading and I'm always looking for new books to read! Thanks for the suggestions. I have a list of classic American novels that I'm trying to get through as well. Brandon just bought the Chronicles of Narnia so every time I'm at my parents' house, I read a little bit of it. They're interesting. Full of imagination. Anyway, I love all the pictures above too! Looks like you guys are having fun being outdoors!
Post a Comment