Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Success!!

We made it! 36+ hours in the car, several 'tourist stops', and 4 days later we are in New Hampshire. There were stretches where it was absolutely dreadful BUT I have to say that overall it was not at all as bad as I thought. Probably because I talked Matt into making some tourist stops to break it up.
My dad said to me on the phone on Day 2, "If you can survive a cross-country roadtrip you can survive 50 years of marriage." Ha. Now I see what he meant. But we are here, we still love each other, and we love The Cooks for letting us invade them for the summer!!

My future vacation home in Le Claire Iowa, right on the Mississippi.
(Also, I have to say that Up-state New York was AMAZING. I had no idea.)


Touchdown Jesus!


Matt living the "Rudy" dream.


Me living my dream...the Rock &Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.


Progressive Field was right next to our hotel.


Niagara Falls. Simply amazing.


We got up early our last morning there and went for
a jog down to a couple different look out points.


How Matt felt about me by the end of our trip:)
The feeling was mutual! But ahhh, now we are back to normal.


And the best part is?? We have to make the same trip home in a few months. Oh boy.

1 comment:

kristen said...

hey toni! i somehow found your blog through a friend of a friend. congrats on getting married! we are over here on the east coast too in boston. email me and i can add you to our blog! kristen.tutt@yahoo.com