This first weekend in August is always a big one because it's my Grandparents anniversary on the 6th and then my Grandpa's birthday on the 7th.
Since he passed in October I still think about him daily. I think a lot of that has to do with Matt and I living just a mile or so away from my Grandparents old house here in California. I have lots of childhood memories here that all center around visiting Gma&Gpa.
I feel like he is around whenever I see a lemon tree, skip the escalator and take the stairs up from BART, go hiking, walk around the Oakland Temple, see a kid in full scouting attire, or see old men leaving the cultural hall gym sweaty after a game of basketball.
It's been kind of a difficult year for our family. Really hard in some ways, but really amazing in others. Looking through pictures of the good times and pictures of he and my Grandmothers vibrant life together just make me happy. No sad thoughts, just gratitude for all the memories and a great family.


2 comments:
What are you doing up at 1:00 in the morning. You know its Bishop Berejkoff's birthday today also. Julie is home - her platelets are gradually going up. She has some recuperating to do. The baby is still doing fine. Love you so much.
Love you!
Post a Comment