Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just the two of us...

But not for long! Less than a month to go and we are so excited. We've really been conscious of the changes that are about to come and we are trying to take advantage of the freedom for spontaneity. 

I recently called Matt last minute to see if he wanted to meet up in the city for dinner. I took the train in, let him map out a plan, and then we just spent the night wandering around the city. It was so fun.

We had a delicious meal at Barbacco Eno Trattoria l, then took a cab up to Hyde St. to get ice cream at Swensen's. Matt is coming becoming quite the San Fran restaurant aficionado so I know he'll always pick a winner.



Once we got our ice cream we walked around the neighborhood. It was such a nice evening I suggested we just walk back down to the Embarcadero--I didn't realize it was a 2 mile walk haha but it was mostly downhill. San Francisco and its' crazy hills. 
 Maybe I'm crazy but even though I'm pregnant walking feels SO much better than sitting. 2 miles walking felt way better than an 8 minute bumpy cab ride. Plenty of onlookers thought I was crazy.

Down the hill:)

I haven't been great at taking pictures. Too busy enjoying myself I guess. We walked through Chinatown, listened to the street performers, and talked about the many adventures of Matt and Toni.





The next day Matt signed us up for a tour of the hospital where I will be delivering. I hadn't really planned on doing a tour, but Matt is all about efficiency and having a plan. Always! So we mapped the quickest route, found the best places to park, and got to know where our little one will make her grand entrance. I'm really glad we did the tour. It actually gave me a great deal of peace of mind that I didn't even realize I needed.

We then decided to take the long windy road to Stinson beach and spent a gorgeous day at the ocean. We are definitely maximizing our remaining weekends (only 3 left!?)  and I love it.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

AHh I'm so out of the loop!! Congratulations that is so exciting, you guys will be awesome parents!!!

StacieStauffer said...

I want your jacket! Even if it is maternity :) You look amazing!!