
photo courtesy of Associated Press
8-8-08 also has a lot of historical superstition and luck for the Chinese. Apparently the word for Eight -- ba -- is very similar to their word for wealth. Not only will there be thousands of weddings today, many are also planning on having their labor induced in order to have a 'lucky eight' baby. Maybe we should just let the kiddos come when they please eh?
This reminded me of last year when Matt and I were registering for our wedding. The lady assisting us said they had over 30,000 registries for weddings on 7-7-07. Ridiculous.
2 comments:
Tom and I have decided to renew our wedding vows today. In hope for some of that "ba" luck rubbing off on us. Whatdoya say, Ace?
hey Matt and I became official on 7-7-07, and then immediately got in a car wreck. I'm not sure what that means, maybe you have to be Chinese for it work
Post a Comment