1. In my most frustrated moments he can make me crack up.
2. He makes awesome milkshakes.
3. We can spend an entire night battling in Mario Kart, Guitar Hero etc. and have blast.
4. His great knowledge and testimony of the Gospel and his abilitiy to teach it.
5. He's a mans man who knows how to be sweet.
His birthday was the 21st (so this is a little late) and we were lucky to have some great friends join us for dinner.



For anyone who watches the office, there is an episode where Michael requests an ice cream for Meredith's 'sort-of birthday' even though she's lactose intolerant. Anyway he yells "Mint Chocolate Chip!" at Pam and it has always cracked Matt and I up. So, without fail, I ask Matt what kind of birthday cake he wants and...you guessed it. It was fabulous, thank you Baskin Robbins.

Another thing you might notice in that picture...MY DARK HAIR!! Aaaahhhh! I've never ever ever had dark hair (naturally Im a med-dark blonde) and I'd pretty much sworn against going dark. Well, For his birthday Matt wanted a Kevin Garnett jersey, 3 Ninjas DVD, (and clothes that I thought he should ask for ha), and he wanted me to dye my hair! I still don't know how I feel about it. Let's just say I feel more comfortable being my normal boring blonde self so expect that back in the future:)

Happy 23rd "Buddy" :)
5 comments:
Hilarious! First off, Matt is COMPLETELY different than Dan in the sense that when I ask Dan what he wants for his birthday (which is this week), his exact words are "I don't need anything, we are poor." Not fun at all. He gets mad at me when I spend money. Therefore I have to be sneaky and have a stash of money that doesn't come out of the bank account so that it's not accounted for.
Secondly, I'm amazed by how good you look as a brunette. Either way, you look gorgeous as always.
I love the new hair! I've always loved you as a blonde, but you look way sexy with dark hair! As for the comment posted above mine, Greg is the same way! He never wants anything! It's so annoying. Tell Matt Happy Birthday late from me, Greg, and Parker. I'm sure we'll be seeing you at conference time!
I feel the need to say that I BEGGED and BEGGED Matt for Birthday ideas and he gave me that random list the day before his birthday, probably to get me off his case. Until that point it was the typical "I don't want anything, buy me a slurpee and I'll be happy." Lol, he really did want me to dye my hair though, that I knew in advance.
I know i am just this total random person, but this is weird, i just found your blog some how and my boyfriends name is Matt Cook and my name is Toni and the town i Live in in Caldwell.
whoa.
sorry. i just thought that this was kind of ironic
Blog surfin & found your blog. I love reading stories of such happy couples! Always stay so happy!!!!!!
Post a Comment