By patriotism I mean the New England Patriots. For months now they have dominated my weekends and some weekday nights. Matt is the ULTIMATE sports fan, especially when it comes to New England teams. We DONT miss games. So it only makes sense that the superbowl is his most stressed day of '08 so far. As we are sitting together on the couch right now he is seriously doing all of his nervous ticks. Pacing, tapping his feet, calling his brothers for 5 sec. conversations of reassurance etc. He literally just said "Toni, I'm going to throw up." Honestly, it has rubbed off on me, I get so nervous when the games are close that I start trash talking everyone on TV. Matt laughs but in my mind I'm helping the team. For my sake (and for the 19-0 title), I hope the Pats pull it out. If not I might have to lock myself in the bathroom for awhile.
On a lighter note, I surprised Matt by making Superbowl Cookies! I'm not super crafty but these guys turned out okay*



Once I was in the New England spirit, I got a little carried away...

Go Pats
3 comments:
Love the cookies! How fun!
First of all, I had no idea you had a blog! Second of all, the cookies are amazing! I'm sure Dan would be very pleased if I would combined my crafting endeavors with his sports antics. What a great wife you are.
You love sports AND you bake? Not to mention that you're tall and blonde. What a catch!
About your comment on my blog, I never did the dance move haha. I think I probably JUST learned the move and my mom wanted me to show it off but I wasn't ready. It's really funny to watch videos from that age because I go from being totally happy to really annoyed. Fortunately, I snapped out of it fast. There will be more videos to come :)
Post a Comment