Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer 2011 (so far) Part 1 of 3

This Summer has been so busy with all sorts of fun things. We've crammed a lot of travel/family time into the last month and it has been awesome. So awesome I had to divide it into 3 parts. And it's worked out perfectly since I now have the next couple weeks and month of August to prep for baby girl!

In June we flew to Utah. We got in kind of late and spent the first night at my Grandma's house. She and my sister  Stacie threw me the loveliest shower and I have NO PICTURES!! How did that happen? I was blown away at the turnout. It was so touching to have so many friends and family turn out (and pretty late at night too lol). I feel so lucky and so loved. It was great and it made me really feel pregnant if that makes any sense haha. Seeing baby clothes and gear and realizing "Wow, I am going to have someone to wear and use all this stuff!?" It was a perfect evening.

The next day we began the real reason for our trip to Utah, which was to spend time with the Cooks! We had a mini-family reunion and a bunch of family wedding activities to attend. How crazy is it that there was a wedding & reception on Janice's side AND a wedding & reception on Bryson's side being held at the EXACT SAME TIMES 45 miles apart! Somehow (aka lots of driving, dividing, and tight scheduling) we were able to attend all!  It was fun to visit with so much family in such a short period of time and celebrate the 2 lovely couples (Matt's cousins). 

In between the endless driving we stayed at a gorgeous resort home in Park City and were able to have a blast just our family. It had been over a year since Matt had been together with his siblings and it was so great to get together and play games, go to a waterpark, watch movies, and just hang out. Definitely needs to happen more frequently!







Thanks to the Cooks for some great family time!! Ty has officially been out  for a year and we can't wait to have him back for next years reunion!

No comments: