This Mother's Day has been one of reflection for me as I count the days & weeks until I become a Mom myself.
Every time I hear or read "Everyone says this, but I REALLY have the best Mom" it makes me happy. Happy that there are others who feel so grateful and protective of their own amazing Mothers. Happy that they too had great childhoods and someone they could turn to for comfort at any age.
I can't even begin to tackle all that I would love to share about my Mom, but I think what really sums it up is this: I really pray I will do a good enough job that my daughter will feel about me the same way I feel about my own mother.
We are different in many ways--but those differences are fading fast as I approach motherhood. I would do well to follow her example exactly. She always says she was just blessed with good kids--me and my siblings know how bogus that statement is:) Our parents are the reason for all that we do right. I can't wait to see her as a Grandma.
This picture is perfect for so many reasons. Mainly because Janice and Matt are together in their element enjoying their favorite past time. Janice is actually the one who--in Matt's words-- "cultivated Matt's Red Sox obsession." Matt talks about how his Mom would call him at BYU when it was 1am or later her time because she was up watching the Sox and wanted to know if he was too. She's the first to offer to text score updates to her boys if they cant watch a game, and she rivals their extreme New England fanhood. I so admire that.
I still don't know if Janice and Bryson believe me, but I loved the summer we spent living with them. Really! I truly got to know them and the Cook family dynamic. They went out of their way to welcome me and make it a fun summer.
The relationship Janice has with her kids is such an open one. They have so many shared interests and she is constantly available to their needs. Janice is already a Grandma to two beautiful babes and I can't wait to add a third to the mix because I know how loving and fun she is.
Lots of loving feelings for our Moms today. Can't wait to see them both this summer!
2 comments:
You know there is something extra special about your Mom. She is very intuitive and the most caring person I know. She will make an awsome grandmother. Love and kisses
Ditto what Grandma Stauff just said :)
Post a Comment