Now that things slow down on the weekends (thankfully) Ill hopefully have more time to catch up on what we've been doing lately. We've really taken advantage of the gorgeous weather the past few weekends.
My new favorite place to visit when I need S-P-A-C-E (because CA can make me feel a little claustrophobic) is the Lafayette Reservoir. Ohhhh it's so nice to take take a nice long walk around the reservoir to just think and enjoy really fresh air. My grandpa took me and my siblings fishing here when we were kids.
AND our hair does well with humidity as you can tell haha.
Today Matt and I woke up early (for a Saturday!) and went to a Church service project. We helped clean up the grounds at Rogers Ranch. Living in an apartment (without our own yard) I love simple gardening chores like pulling weeds, raking leaves etc. Matt can't wait to have his own lawn to mow so we had a great time working together doing yardwork---as random as that is.
Then we cleaned up and headed to a very sacred lawn....
I love baseball games. The sun, seeds, belligerent fans, heckling, overpriced hot dogs, learning important stats from the worlds most knowledgeable fan :), all of it. I think it might be one of the "glues" in our relationship as baseball is obviously VERY important to Matt.
Today I kept reminiscing about a game I went to with G&G Stauffer when I was a kid, just the three of us. Grandma kept us stocked with treats anytime a vendor came around and Grandpa bought a score-book and taught me how to keep track of what happens during the innings. I still have that score-book. Still one of my all-time favorite games and I don't really even remember who the A's were playing.
Today we enjoyed the game (and our sunburned knees), and came home and got slurpees to go with our bbq'd ribs and corn on the cob. Perfect Saturday.






3 comments:
what good memories for you! so exciting that you will be able to take your baby GIRL!! to the games. i've been waiting for announcement post but i was so thrilled to see a little girl is kickin around in you! congrats!
Congratulations on the baby girl! Grandpa Dave actually mentioned something a week or so ago and I was so surprised- but so excited for you guys. Good Luck with everything!
I am so excited you guys are having a girl!! I feel like I have been waiting for this post!
Post a Comment