(made these mini lemon tarts a couple weeks ago and they were soo tasty. I think they made the cut for Thanksgiving!)
First of all---I'm proud of myself. This is my third post in one day. For the girl who never updates this is quite an achievement.
Second, I'm excited---and pretty nervous--for Thanksgiving. This is my first year preparing the whole Thanksgiving sha-bang (for more than 3 people). Luckily I love to cook! I especially love to bake desserts. SO I'm really excited to have these guys come to town!!
So if you have any advice on how to cook the perfect Turkey PLEASE send it my way--never oven baked one before.
I feel like I've got it all under control except for the Turkey and the homemade rolls. Janice sets the bar SUPER high when it comes to homemade bread and I know Nate is expecting his Mom's cooking! Yikes!
I'm definitely not going all out like my family's Thanksgiving spread but hey! there's only one of me doing kitchen duty.
So far our menu consists of the basics:
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, green beans, pumpkin & cream cheese jelly roll, banana cream pie, oreo fudge, mini lemon tarts. What am I missing?
I want to know what your favorite Thanksgiving dish is! Wish me luck:)



5 comments:
Sweet Potatoes!!! I have a recipe if you want a good one :)
Do you have a bread machine ? I have an easy bread machine roll recipe where the bread machine does all the kneading and stuff like that. BUT since you have so much to make I TOTALLY say you buy the frozen rhodes rolls. I've known someone that would put three balls per cupcake spot in a pan and it made these cool muffin looking rolls. OR just do the rhodes frozen rolls normal.
Jello with fruit in it (can't remember if you put that on your list) since it can be made day or two prior.
And to comment on your other posts...THOSE TREES are awesome. I totally want to go see those sometime. And way to go on the superstar husband Matt! How fun to be honored like that!
Good luck with Thanksgiving!
brine the turkey, then bake. DELICIOUS! (see marthastewart.com for details)
Don't know if you are fans of cauliflower, but we have a great family recipe for cauliflower casserole. Preston looks forward to it every year! You just cook the cauliflower and then put it in an oven safe dish with some cream of mushroom soup. dilute it with half a can of milk so it is more like a sauce than soupy. You want to almost cover the cauliflower with it. Then cover with cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly. SO GOOD! Good luck with the festivities!
You forget how bored I get during the day....update your blog please so I have something to look at!
(And don't feel the need to post this comment...in fact don't. People don't need to know how lame I am.)
Post a Comment