Sunday, November 21, 2010

Glory Days...


I couldn't have married a non-athlete. Couldn't, wouldn't, and thankfully didn't! Matt is an avid sports enthusiast and it's honestly a big part of our marriage. It's one of our big things in common and is a lot of what we like to do together--watching and playing.

We've been playing on our ward's volleyball team in the Oakland stake the past couple months and we made it to the championships. Unfortunately we couldn't make it to final but the team won and we found out this year was the first year in a long time that Pleasant Hill even had a team that participated!

 Anyway this is all for journaling purposes but what I really want to talk about is Matt's glory days as a high school football star in New Hampshire. I've seen his highlight tape, newspaper articles, pics etc.  I was REALLY impressed when a couple weeks ago a neighbor in New Hampshire told Matt's Mom that he was  being featured by the local news station as one of the top 50 wide receivers in the state of New Hampshire in the past ten years. He's actually number one!  (below is the link to the website--there's a top 50 for different positions--his is wide receiver).

The FNF 50 - Sports News Story - WMUR Manchester

Just wanted to give him a little shout out, gotta love the high school glory days. This is definitely one to be proud of.(even if they spelled his last name wrong lol)

3 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Um WOW! That is so awesome! Preston was featured on the 50 Top Gamers from California...so not as cool! LOL!

DC said...

He owes his success to "the interception game,"... Matt v. Nate in epic battles of one on one football with me as the all time QB. It all started there.

D-Stauff said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really impressed!