Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When The Stauffer's Come to Town...

It is a party, let me tell you. Non-stop action for a solid week with my family was exactly what I needed to break-up my "don't have a job yet but I really REALLY want one" boredom. I will the let the pictures do most of the talking.

We started with a trip to the homestead on Stimel drive so my Dad could literally walk down memory lane:)

THE best ice cream on the East Bay, Fenton's Creamery. Those sundae's are huge (and delicious).

Of course we had to go to an A's game. My dad grew up going to A's games with his dad all the time. Since the A's were playing the Red Sox while the fam was in town, my dad made sure we had tickets.
 But he surprised us all by wearing Sox gear to support Matt's undying fan-hood, rather than sport his "true colors". Quite the sacrifice, but I think he scared off any A's fans that would've wanted to fight Matt so thanks dad:)


What would a trip to the East Bay be without seeing the city? We headed in on a cold drizzly day in July.


                               Two peas in a pod, these two. A guaranteed good time.

And we saw Wicked! Very cool and fun to do as a family. It was C.J.'s first musical so it was fun to hear his review of the show:)


Then it was off to Pebble Beach. As Grandpa Dave would say "It may not be heaven, but it's sure in the same zipcode." My thoughts exactly.

The house
 Walking the course


                                           Mom and Dad!

                                           Cousins
                                                                
                                            Sisters

Everytime we go I HAVE to go to the Cottage of Sweets and get a variety of delicious treats. This team we thoroughly enjoyed, Salted Caramel Fudge, Hand-dipped S'mores, Chocolate sand dollars, and some fruit marzipan. Spent way to much $$ on something that is gone in a matter of minutes!

                                   Miss having all these ladies just minutes away.

The Reynold's Family minus 3-- Two in Provo, and One home from his mission next month!



As a family we are quite the beach enthusiasts, regardless of the weather or water temperature. It's really a matter of pride but we definitely enjoy being the 'frozen chosen'.

 Ready...Set...







Also spent some quality whiffle ball time on the beach, as is tradition.

I want to end the "Stauffer" trip on this picture because it makes me laugh every time I look at it.I believe it is Stacie on Matt's shoulders and Chloe or Meg on Dad's playing chicken with a wave...and then getting rocked by a wave that snuck up on them haha.

 Now, more recently we just had Bryson and Janice in town for an impromptu visit and NO ONE TOOK PICTURES!!

Haha. I'm so mad at myself for not remembering my camera. But we had a great time. Friday we went into the city and hit all the stops, had lunch with Matt, and dinner at this cool place called House of Prime Rib. Saturday was breakfast in Lafayette with Bryson & Janice's college buddies, The Packer's. Tried to head up to Tilden Park but the fog hadn't burned off yet and it was cold! So we hung out for a while, shopped around Walnut Creek, and then saw Toy Story 3:) We had a great time--but it was over way too soon. Next time we promise to plan some fun activities AND take pictures!

More Soon...

2 comments:

Sarah Nelson said...

What the?! Your family was in town? How did I not know about this?

the swapps said...

i like reading your updates. and i really like reading about your fantastic family. this is such a win-win post.