Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spontaneous

A couple weeks ago before Matt started work we were sitting around talking about how crazy busy this summer was going to be, and about how he gets like zero vacation days for the first several months. We called our Mom's on Mothers Day and my mom was just plain sad that she and my dad are becoming empty nesters. Matt and I talked about how nice it would be to get away for a couple days and out of nowhere Matt just said "Let's go. We can pack and leave in a day." I was floored because we had barely moved into our new place but I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to go home! We didn't tell anyone and it was fun seeing my parents that surprised.

This is the view out their front door. It's always very therapeutic going home. I love my hometown and all of it's quirks and character. I love the city and our new neighborhood but I am definitely a small town girl.


Had to stop by my old place of employment. I worked as a lifeguard and then pool manager. 6 Summers at this place. Oh the stories...


We also got to see Chloe and C.J. and my cousins Gavin and Lucas compete in Tennis Districts! It was so fun to watch them compete since I'm not around very much anymore.




I was horrible with my camera this trip but we also spent time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins AND celebrated Chloe's 18th Birthday! She just passed her Senior Boards and graduates next week! It was a much needed trip and I can't wait for them to come visit me this summer!

No comments: