Sunday, May 2, 2010

Exodus (in pictures)

Our final events in Utah started with Stacie and Matt graduating! Stacie graduated in Exercise Science and Matt graduated in Economics with minors in Political Science and Business. Busy busy kids. The Stauffers and Cooks came to town to celebrate and we had a blast as usual! We especially loved spending time with everyone because we just don't know when we will be able to see our families again.











After 3 awesome years hosting and producing True Blue for BYUTV my run came to an end last Wednesday. We filmed our last show outside at the Marriot Center and the whole crew came out in support and it was awesome. I was feeling a little sentimental anyways because I worked for BYUTV for almost 7 years.

I started as a camera operator then sideline reporter and then after I graduated I was asked to help create True Blue. Since I graduated in Broadcast Journalism and wanted to continue working in Sports Broadcasting it was a perfect fit, and I absolutely loved it. Access to every sporting event, ability to create/cover any story and interview any coach or athlete for me was heaven. I hope to continue in this field if I can find anything out in CA. We'll see.

Anyway, after my last on-camera segment the whole crew walked up to me with this huge flower arrangement and they had created a package covering my time at BYU. It was very thoughtful and is something I will remember for a long time.





Finally, the night before we left my sisters got some friends together to hang out one last time. It was great to see some friends I made freshman year. I should've taken more pictures but was busy catching up.

AND it was nice to see the always lovely Ashley, back from Thailand! I can't believe we are officially seperated now with her in Denver and me in California. Ugghhh. Don't know how I will make it. Luckily since her family lives nearby I'm expecting frequent visits! I have to say I love these pics because she is wearing tall shoes and we are the same height for once!! Hooray!







More than anything it sucks not being around my sisters and grandparents. I really wish I'd be around with Chloe attending BYU in the fall but I know I will rely heavily on Skype and frequent phone calls. I have THE best family and I'm grateful for the wonderful time I had at BYU. I plan on a 'BYU Days' post in the near future:) Good times.



Thanks to the Elders Quorum in our new ward and my wonderful Aunt Shelley, Matt and I officially moved in Saturday to our new place. It's the first time I haven't been able to put a timeline on a phase of my life. High school is four years till College. College is four years till 'real job'. I knew I'd have a 'real job' for three years while Matt finished school. But now...who knows?! It's exciting and terrifying at the same time. On to the next adventure...

7 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Congrats Matt on graduation! We are glad to hear that the move went well. So the next question is...when can we see you! We are SO excited to have more family close and can't wait to have some awesome adventures with you both! Let us know when we can connect!

Truly and Shane said...

I'm already desperately checking your blog to see whats new. to say we miss you doesn't even cut it! The grad pics of Stacy are soooo pretty. She is gorgeous! I love your hair and your moms purple dress! I was in love with the action shot of you outside the Marriott Center filming. I wish I could see more about everything you actually did through the years with BYUTV - so please, if you will, include those pics in your 'upcoming byu days' post. I'm so excited for you two being out in the fresh wide open air expecting anything to come your way. This is the time for you! This is going to be some memorable times- and we are coming out soon!!!!

the swapps said...

i decided on our last day in utah together, the least i could do was to be as tall as you. so thanks for not wearing heels :)

good thing i get to see you in a few days. i will be making LOTS of trips to cali. be prepared.

liz said...

i will miss you in my classes at 24! glad you guys made it to san fransico!

Jamie said...

It's the end of an era. It's so sad and exciting all at once.

My oh my, how True Blue is going to suffer now that you're gone. It's going to be like replacing Diane Sawyer with Stephanopolous. I mean, c'mon!

Hopefully we'll make it out to see your place sooner rather than later. Congratulations to Matt on graduation!

chadandsydney said...

I have missed you. Call me sometime

Kim and Dallas said...

I love your white and black dress!! Where did you get it?