Sunday, April 11, 2010

Well I have been 25 for over a month now. Not sure how i feel about it yet, I still feel like 25 should be a LONG ways away. Yikes. Oh well, time to make the most out of it. I've lost all motivation to blog lately because there is SO much going on and it's just not a priority but if I don't post a couple things here and there I'll probably regret it later. SO, two VERY important things happening around the Cook household.

First, I can't believe I met this handsome Cook boy when he was only 15 and now he is 19 and ready to go on a mission. I was so impressed with Tyler when I first met him, he was very friendly and so easy to talk to (like the other Cook boys, their Mama taught them well). I think it helped that I won Ty over before we even met by sending him a BYU hat for his b-day. Haha, bribes:)


He was called to the Mexico City Northwest Mission--a brand new mission starting July 1st. He reports July 21st. It's cliche but he is going to be a stellar missionary. He befriends all different types of people effortlessly and makes everyone around him feel important and comfortable. He has been such a great friend and brother-in-law and I, like the rest of the fam, will miss him tons.

SECOND, Matt's basketball team made it to the Intramural Championship game for the second year in a row! Last year they won the championship and celebrated for a week. Tuesday the repeat is on and we will see what happens. Our thanks to the Toppenish High School Athletic department for providing free rally towels for the first 30 people there! Haha, should be exciting.


Other than this we are packing up a little everyday and getting ready for the move to the sunshine state! Hope you all are enjoying any glimpse of sunny weather you might be getting!

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I am excited for your brother and will welcome him as a future chilango. I served in the Mexico City South mission. He is going to love it! If he has any questions about Mexico City, I would love to answer them.

Jamie said...

I second everything you said about Tyler. He is a class act. You are definitely the cooler sister-in-law, that is for sure. I am like the second mom. Can you imagine how old we are going to seem compared to his future wife someday? Ugh.