Sunday, February 21, 2010

A quarter of a century...

HAPPY 25th birthday to this guy! We spent the weekend with Grandpa Dave in Inkom, Idaho snowmobiling, shooting, snowshoeing and relaxing in Lava hotsprings. A nice way to celebrate the milestone.


One thing I'm most proud of Matt for is his ambition. In such rough times in the job market, he was able to land a job back in November. I know it's because of his hardwork and sacrifice. He hasn't had one summer off since high school. I don't know many other people who have completed over 4 internships, AND worked on a farm for a whole summer (just to raise money for an engagement ring for his girlfriend.) The hardwork has paid off, as of May we will be returning to the land of my father's childhood. The place where I spent every summer of my childhood. A place that Steve Perry sang so beautifully about.



Here California, here I come. Right back where I started from.



Now, all we need is a place to live!! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Sarah told us you were moving back! Is this short term or long term? We are excited to see more of you and for having some serious family gatherings at Fenton's!

Sarah Nelson said...

You should live in Folsom! Ha ha ha... okay, I know that's a little far away. Great song choice, by the way... but you can't forget about, "We built this city"... another classic about our dearest San Fran. I'm excited that you guys will be living so much closer to us! We'll have to make some plans!