Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nat'l Grandparents Day

Happy Grandparent's Day! 

Many of you may not be aware but this is an actual holiday, and I wanted to take the opportunity to write a little about my exceptionally awesome Grandparents.
Most people are lucky to have fun parents, let alone grandparents.
I am lucky to have both.

Growing up G&G Lott were just across town and I spent much of my childhood at their place. We had so many sleepovers, adventures in the alley, birthday parties, and big Sunday dinners with them. They were the central spot for all the Cousins to get together and play. Grandpa always had exciting stories and memories to share, Grandma was always playing classical tunes on the piano and always told great bedtime stories. 
I will always remember Grandpa taking Grandma by the hand when Lawrence Welk would come on, and then proceed to waltz her around the living room.

Growing up, G&G Stauffer were the "vacation of choice" when they lived in California. We got to play in their magical sandbox, pick fresh lemons and persimmons,  sit on the bench in Grandpa's (award-winning) rose garden and eat treats that Grandma would smuggle outside for us. Since then they moved to Utah and they're now the "home away from home" for my sisters and I when the college life gets mundane. I used to spend the night with them and then get up at 5 am to go play basketball with my Grandpa and his ward buddies. It was weird to be the only girl sometimes but WHO can say they've played serious basketball games with their grandpa??!! He's still got it for sure :) 


I love you all so much and think you are the best grandparents anyone could ask for. Not only have you cared for us grandkids,  you have been such great examples of successful HAPPY marriages and I am so grateful for ALL that you've done for me.

4 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Our grandparents pretty much rock-that's for sure! Congrats on your one year anniversary! We love you both!

Christina and Ryan said...

Lott is a family name on my mom's side...maybe we are distantly related!

Grandma G said...

I wonder how many granparents had their Sunday dinner prepared ompletely by their grandaugthers, with Matt helping. It was so very special and we are very blessed

Julie said...

So I saw a broadcast of you! It was the first time... and let me tell ya you were amazing! haha but really i felt honored to know someone on the screen- good work!