Thursday, September 11, 2008

remember.


My best friend, Abdias, is a Marine and has been since we graduated High School. Afraid of what it involved, I did my best to dissuade him from joining but he did anyway and has been to deployed to the middle East 4 times. He extended  his "term"  because he felt that he owed it to his Battalion/Combat team to bring experience to what was inevitably going to be a 'young group'. 

I have gained so much respect and appreciation for the Marines and it has truly opened my eyes to the necessity of armed forces. So many are quick to  be anti-war and in-turn they become anti-troops. Our troops want peace more than anyone. 

 9/11 should be a day of remembrance and today I pray for the families of all who lost, and the families & friends of all who are still in fear of losing. 



No comments: