
I am OBSESSED with collecting classic scary movies from the 1950's-70's (that's when they made them right). Even more important are the cartoons that I collect for Halloween and Christmas; I won't tell you what or how many just because I don't want people to know how crazy I really am. We had so many favorites as kids that really got us in the mood for the holidays. Since leaving home I have continued my Mom's tradition of making homemade sugar cookies and decorating them while watching creepy classic cartoons.
(recognize these?)


Previous roommates always seemed a little taken back at my dedication to decorating our apartment. Getting married just makes it easier because now I can decorate the entire place. (Have I mentioned that Matt does not share my appreciation for all things scary?) Which brings me to my point (finally). October 1st is WEDNESDAY. Guess who will be staying up to decorate at midnight on Tuesday :)

I have a feeling that there will be many posts dedicated to this wonderful time of year.
3 comments:
I own (and watch every year) Hocus Pocus on DVD if you want to borrow it or have a movie night..
Also, do you have Double Double Toil and Trouble starring the Olson twins? I haven't seen it in a long time but I remember LOVING IT (as did my brother) and am not above watching it again.
Get this: My birthday is Oct 25th and I have NEVER had a costume party. This might have to change..
Happy Halloween! Okay, so I suck at decorating, but I promise to change when we're not poor and I can get awesome decorations! There are a few things that are a MUST for me during Halloween. Here they are:
Music:
"The Monster Mash"
Will Smith "Nightmare on My Street"
Not opposed to the old tradition of listening to random Halloween CD's that only play scary sound effects
Movies:
Duh... that's what half of Halloween is about! I usually find the different TV stations that do 13 days of October movie marathons. That way, I get a variety of stuff. I used to watch the Shining every Halloween at my friend's house, but I don't think I ever made it through the whole thing until years later. We always ended up passed out from all the excessive candy-eating. Ooh... anyone remember "Ernest Scared Stupid"? That one is seriously a classic for me! And last, but certainly not least, "Young Frankenstein."
Activities:
Pumpkin patch... definitely. And now it's even more fun now that Parker can pick out his own pumpkin. And of course, we have to carve the pumpkins.
Trunk-or-treating: It's the easiest way to go right now with Parker, considering that last year it was FREEZING out and I'm expecting the same kind of weather this year.
Food:
I tried making some random pumpkin pie recipe a couple of years ago and it sucked... or at least my baking did. I may try out your sugar cookie tradition. It sounds fun.
Anyway... I'm sure I could go on, but I will spare you. Toni, thanks for this post. It gave me the kick in the butt that I needed! I am SOOOO excited for Halloween now! Any costume ideas for Parker?
Attention:
I have decided to change my major to Home Decoration and henceforth I will decorate my house during every major holiday.
Post a Comment