Saturday, September 10, 2011

I get it Tom Petty, I get it.

The waiting IS the hardest part! Ugghhhhhhh.

Okay let me start over. I have LOVED being pregnant. Seriously loved it every step of the way. I'm so proud of my body and how I've been able to stay active and healthy the whole way through. People have told me I'm one of the "lucky ones" since I've had a relatively easy time, but honestly (aside from serious complications) I think a lot of it is perspective. We REALLY wanted to start our family so I'd put up with just about anything! I've still had the pregnancy pains and symptoms, but anytime anything hurt or made me uncomfortable or sick I just reminded myself, "YOU'RE GROWING A HUMAN!! It's not going to be simple!" Yes it's challenging but it's also a privilege.

The doctor told me at one of my appointments I've been the 'shining star of pregnancy.' Sure, it's braggy to post that but it was such a compliment and it made me so happy! Any self esteem boost when you are feeling big and awkward is so appreciated.

 I was officially due YESTERDAY and while I've had a feeling all along that she was going to stay in a little longer, it was still kind of depressing to wake up this morning still pregnant. I really want to deliver naturally w/out an epidural and even though physically I still feel really good, it's mentally starting to wear on me. Just not knowing what to expect or when to expect it. I feel like I've been training 9 months for a sporting event that is going to be really hard--I just don't know when I start!

SO this morning I made Matt take me out to hike around at one of my favorite places, Tilden park.  The scenery is gorgeous, it was warm but breezy and a thick fog started to blow in on our way home. It really helped me get out of the frustrated mood I was in.

Anxious parents...


Are you ready yet little one?!! Because I am.


Hopefully any day (preferably minute) now:)...

5 comments:

noelle regina said...

you look phenomenal! good luck whenever she does come.

Angela and Mike said...

You have been a prego champ! So positive, you rock...and you are beautiful. C'mon baby, let's come soon!

emily+brett said...

i loved this!! i'm so happy to hear when a women has a positive outlook on pregnancy. not being able to have kids on our own helped me to have an unusual outlook on pregnancy too. any time i threw up i remember just thinking "i'm so grateful!". you look amazing. i thought about texting shane today and asking him if there was any news. good luck. i'm anxiously awaiting to hear when she has made her entrance!!

Jamie and Preston said...

I loved this post! I was however a bit jealous that your Dr. flattered you so, since my Dr (not so sweetly) told me that I was too chubby and needed to lay off the sweets! LOL! Good luck with your delivery! The most important thing is to keep yourself calm and don't get too anxious. That is what makes women want drugs, not the pain (at least in my experience) Both my kids were natural deliveries. Just express what your feeling, move your body around to relieve pressure, and let your body do what it is designed to do. Honestly, the pain is SO temporary. As soon as your little one is out you won't remember anything! Love you!

Jamie said...

I am so impressed (but not surprised) by your commitment to exercise to the very end.

The two months of barfing threw me for a loop and now that I'm finally feeling better I'm completely out of shape. I am still hitting the gym (even if all i'm doing is walking on the treadmill at a snail's pace.) I would love to see you killing it at the gym 9 months pregnant. It's not hard to picture since you are such a die-hard.

The miracle of growing a baby is incredible. Thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to meet baby girl!