I got lucky with my in-laws. Matt's siblings are awesome and it was really easy for us all to become brother/sister without some awkward transition. We always have a good time together and since moving to CA, Matt and I have both really missed our "Family Sunday dinners" and get-togethers. SO when Nate said he was coming for Thanksgiving we were beyond excited! Here's an update in pictures since I don't have time to write about everything.
We took Nate to Pebble Beach to visit some of my family. Nate tried out his skills as a cliff-hanger haha.
Iconic tree from the Pebble Beach golf course.
Seriously, how gorgeous is this picture?! Pebble is definitely one of my favorite places to visit. It is so beautiful and serene.
On to the Golden Gate!
We of course had to take Nate to the Embarcadero to see where Matt works. Walked around the Ferry building, and saw the ridiculously small Christmas Ice Skating rink that had a huge line with a wait time of over an hour. Ummm no thanks.

This is our only picture from Thanksgiving dinner! Matt snapped it while I was mashing potatoes haha it looks like I'm having a great time. We really had a great day. Football, dinner with family, movie night, and of course Matt and Nate faced off in another epic Madden Battle.

This past Sunday we got to visit with more family. My cousin Preston and his wife Jamie and kids made the drive from Folsom to hang out with us. We had dinner, watched Christmas cartoons, and went to the Oakland temple to check out the lights and live Nativity!
Ethan and Noah
Cute Stauffer Family photo!
I love how the lights at Oakland are so completely different from those at Salt Lake. There's a tropical theme and the lights are all blue, orange, and green. PLUS it was almost 70 Saturday and Sunday which made for a very warm evening out!! LOVING California weather.
Finally, I have been a machine in the kitchen lately. Baking and testing and creating new Holiday treats! It's one of my favorite things to do. I can't wait 'til we have a place with real counter space!
Peanut butter blossoms
Cornflake Candy
Homemade Peppermint Patties
AND the man who makes it all possible....Mr. Cook.
He lets me turn the kitchen into a disaster area, and then does the dishes for me!! How great is that?! It's a trade off, I make the treats he likes and he cleans up after me. It works:)
Busy, busy, busy life lately, but we are loving it.
















3 comments:
Toni, you are so domestic! I love it. I wish that Ryan would clean up after me when I baked treats for him. He will offer and then let the stuff sit there until it smells. No thanks! I'll just do it myself.
Feel free to share any recipes with me that you love because I'm all about baking around the holidays! :)
Super cute pictures! So glad we got to spend some time with you. Have a great time in WA!
Toni I can't wait to see you guys again at christmas! It looks like you're having an amazing time in Cali and I have to say I'm super jealous considering the 17 degree high we had today! Haha love you lots!
Post a Comment