In no particular order:
The Changeling (1980)
The Haunting (1963---way better than the remake)
House on Haunted Hill (1959--can you tell that I prefer originals?:) )
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the 50's version or the 70's version)
Se7en
Amityville Horror
El Orfanato
The Uninvited ( the original-- I haven't seen the new one)
Psycho
Carrie
Poltergeist
The Birds
1408
Secret Window
Sleepy Hollow
A Few of my all-time favorites that I watch year-round (definitely NO nightmares from watching these):
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Disney)
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Young Frankenstein
Hocus Pocus
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Let me know what you watch when you need a good spook!
5 comments:
Can I just say how thrilled I am that "The Changeling" is on your list! Do you know how many people have no idea what movie I am talking about when I mention it? Classic! Must be the Stauffer blood... which is probably the same reason I can switch to any 70's weirdo station and know what song is being played. :)
if your talkin classics you forgot practical magic... haha now that is a classic
Like sarah says....the changeling!! I must be stauffer blood at heart! The first time IK watched it I had the worst nightmare I had to sleep with my sister who made me watch it in the first place. I was so little. O reember the ball bouncing down the stairs and the music box on the piano... such a classic. in fact I rented it on VHS from blockbuster when I was dating Nic and he was like THIS is the movie you want? haha I never took it back. I'm a thief!! great list. Lets make sugar cookies together- I mean it! al 4 of us!!
I want sugar cookies!!
Toni-
You left off the Garfield Halloween cartoons- the best remedy to make yourself or not as brave roommates feel better after scary movies. Halloween makes me think of you.
Post a Comment