Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ungrateful lovers.




photos courtesy of photobucket users:)


Am I the only one who is NOT excited for Fall? Everywhere I turn, everyone I talk is so happy for Fall to arrive. Wasn't summer good to you? Didn't it let you stay outside late, swim, hike, play, vacation?
I absolutely hate letting go of summer. I hate that for the first time in months, it was cold when I walked out to my car yesterday morning. I hate seeing people in jackets and sweatshirts when it is still 75 degrees mid-day. I hate the brown fading from my shoulders.
I LOVE Summer, and it's still here for at least a week (weather-wise)! Relish it, love the sun, eat popsicles, listen to Tom Petty or the Beach Boys with the windows rolled down.
I love the holiday season, and I can't wait for Halloween, but all of you who are so eager for the leaves to change and the chill to set in need to remember how you feel January 2nd. There will still be at least 3 months of cold after January 2nd. Are you really that eager for 6-7 months of cold weather?
So please, until its only 60 degrees mid day, and the trees are all orange and red, and I see pumpkins on peoples doorsteps, no wishing Fall here earlier.
Because Fall brings Winter.

6 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

haha, funny post. However, for those of us that live in Vegas and have endured 5 plus months of 100 degree + weather are VERY excited to see temperatures drop to around 90. It was 100 this past weekend...yeah.

I do love the changing leaves :) Uhoh, I'm I in trouble for saying that?

Sarah Nelson said...

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you! Forget that I've been living in triple digit weather! I would keep it that way! It's supposed to be 99 today and I am not complaining about it one bit! I LOVE summer! I am sad that I never really got a good tan this year and that I was pregnant through most of the summer.... which is why I say we skip this next winter and just have a longer summer next year!

P.S. The thing I look forward to about Fall is the sweatshirts that will hide the tummy that I am not completely rid of yet!

Josh and Tiff said...

i couldn't have said it any better. wow... fall is nice... yes, but only when the holidays are here. summer is by FAR the best season ever! there are so many fun things to do... once winter is here, we're limited and no more cute summer dresses to wear. yuck.

Christina and Ryan said...

LOVE this post. Do you remember Adam Park from our ward at UAC? His blog title is "Please Stay Summertime Forever" and that basically summarizes my feelings. The only really great thing about fall is that I don't hate my life as much working full time. When it's summer and I'm working the whole day I feel like I'm being punished.

Truly and Shane said...

how can anyone agree with this post! Althouh it IS well said, Ilove tom petty and the beach boys part, however its coming up on my favorite season yo- WINTER! fall is beautiful and a close second but I'm too excited for sweaters, and spices, and fireplaces, and soups, and blankets and SNOW! I'm smiling thinking about it! Youre right, Summer WAS good to me though!!!e :)

chadandsydney said...

Now I must ask you.. What has fall done to you to make you get so mad at it??