However, I was so surprised at the poor sportsmanship of the other team. Nonstop complaining, cheap shots, rude comments etc. from the girls and guys on the team. Seriously, it's BYU intramurals--no recruiter is watching the game, you don't win any money, the rules are so skewed that even the refs are confused half the time so why in the world do people act like 4 year olds in time out?
My sister was stating the rules to a guy who was playing too close by saying, "guys can't guard girls," and he said back, "Someone should slap you in the mouth." WHAT!! I won't write what actions we took in retribution, but afterward she and I just laughed at how sad this guys life must be for him to feel that comment was necessary at a CO-ED INTRAMURAL GAME! He was married to the girl on the team that was complaining the whole time, so maybe I should feel bad for the guy. That's probably what he puts up with at home too. Regardless, what a loser.
I'm not sure why I'm even writing this, your mind goes to weird places when you can't sleep.
Anyway, OUR team had a good time. It's so fun to be able to play with your husband and siblings and win! Hopefully our next game isn't so heated...
2 comments:
Wow.... I REALLY want to know how you got back at the guy! What a jerk! Ha ha! He probably never realized how good girls can be at basketball until he met up with the Stauffer girls! Ha ha!
It's BYU... what more can we say. I'll never forget Jason Beck crying on the sideline during a national broadcast. So sad.
As for KBYU... thanks... but no thanks (even though it'd be awesome to work with you because you are quite talented). I've got some leads, we'll see where life takes me though!
Post a Comment