Monday, August 3, 2009

summertime

I love the hot easy days and long warm nights of summer. Lately we have been filling them full of adventures and it has been wonderful. I just can't believe it's already August, I hope these next busy weeks are fun but s-l-o-w.

Pioneer Day weekend we went camping with the Swapps up by Bald Mountain. I love camping and with these two, we always have fun no matter what's on
the agenda.


We asked the camp supervisor the next morning about good hikes and we ended up on
top of Bald Mountain. It was a tough hike! I think we were kind of expecting a leisurely
hike but we ended up charging the mountain and the view was definitely worth it.



That night we went with Stacie and Alex to a neighborhood 24th celebration and I was very impressed with the fireworks. Growing up on an Indian reservation my expectations for fireworks are pretty high :)

Saturday was a blast, we went to the Farmer's Market in Provo with Shane, Truly and the twins. I can't get enough of them. They are the prettiest, most entertaining babies I know. Whenever I'm with Truly walking them around, they get stopped at least 5 times with people asking questions or even wanting to take pictures! It's pretty fun to be a part of their entourage haha. This summer has been so fun for me because I've been able to be with them for part of every week and watch them grow and learn. Even though I start my real job this month, they can expect me knocking on their door often.

This week my family is in town for my Grandpa's 80th birthday and my Grandparents 58th wedding anniversary! Talk about a party, more to come on that...

2 comments:

the swapps said...

why didn't anyone tell me that hat looks ridiculous on my fat face? good grief. good thing you're a babe. oh - and you, too, toni. ;)

Jamie and Preston said...

Preston is SOO excited to be coming back to spend some time with the family! But let's be honest...he is really excited about being off Dad duty for four days and sleeping in! Wish I could be there to celebrate with everyone and give you a big hug! We miss everyone! Glad to hear that all is well with you and Matt!