Thursday, August 6, 2009

58th Anniversary!

I am so excited to celebrate my my Grandparents 58th wedding anniversary and my Grandfathers 80th birthday! They were my home away from home while I was in college and still are. Up until a couple years ago I would get up at 5:30am on some Thursdays to play basketball with my grandpa and the men in his ward. He's in his 70's and can STILL play. That is undeniably impressive. The picture below reminds me a lot of my dad. I love that I have pictures of my grandparents when they were my age.



58 years of marriage starting August 6, 1951. My grandpa got home from his mission
July 4th, and they were married a month later! However, Grandma has plenty of
stories of all the boys she dated while waiting for her true love to get home. They were
high school sweethearts and have had such an exciting life; serving in the army, traveling the world when my Grandpa worked for Bechtel, and raising my dad & his brother and sister. We are so lucky to have such loving, fun, and wise grandparents
Happy Anniversary!!

2 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Wish we could be there to celebrate with everyone! Please pass on our hugs and kisses to the 'bride and groom'! 58 years is amazing! Enjoy having all the family around for the next few days!

Sarah Nelson said...

Toni - I was waiting for your post today! I knew you would do a tribute to Grandma and Grandpa. They are seriously the best! I love them so much and am happy that they have a lot of family in town during this exciting time of year for them. Be sure to give them hugs and kisses for me and tell them how much I love them and wish I was there! Greg, Parker, and Devri send their love as well. Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!