Saturday, June 20, 2009

Other than the crappy weather, this summer has been moving along quite nicely. Matt is enjoying his internship, and I get to enjoy spending a few days a week with these little beauties! They are always the highlight of my week!


My freshman roommate, Bethany, started this wonderful Culture Club and once a month a bunch of us meet up and go to an event or do some type of activity. This month we went to the Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving Point and it was so cool I made Matt go back with me later on that day.
Men in the Highland Games waiting to do some manly stuff in kilts.
My favorite was probably the Caber Toss (above). Trying to balance and then launch that thing looked pretty intense.
Traditional dancer(above) and John Deere ice cream machine (below).
Matt loved the bagpipes.
Ashley and I also kept up with another tradition by going to the Strawberry Days rodeo in Pleasant Grove. It's one of my favorite summer kick-off events and it reminds me a lot of being home in Toppenish.
I was pretty surprised that this was Matt's first rodeo, he was pleasantly surprised. Some guy came up to us while we were taking the above picture and put his cowboy hat on Matt to give him a little street cred :) Looks good haha.
Now if only the sun would come out ...

No comments: