Thursday, May 28, 2009

home sweet home

I've said it before, but going home really recharges my batteries and helps me press on in life. It's just great to be surrounded by all my siblings, parents, cousins, aunts & uncles, and grandparents all in my home town. 

Stacie and I made the drive home for our good friend Yasmin's wedding. It was great to be able to be there and support her and it was great to have an excuse to go home.

Stacie as a lovely bridesmaid second from the left:)

Could my little sisters be any prettier??
My "other" little sister Yesenia:) Cute Cute!!

And me and my beautiful Mom, who has repeatedly been mistaken for my sister. No joke.

So my parents moved into a house in an apple/cherry orchard and I absolutely LOVE their new house. However, all my childhood memories are in our house in town and although I'm glad we moved I still get a little heartsick when we go by the old place. I stopped by and took a picture so I won't feel the need to drive by anymore.

Ahh the old place:) Someday I want to do a post dedicated to memories in this house. Someday.

At the NEW place, this is the view off the front porch to the right...
 And the view to the left. It is so unbelievably peaceful, and you can see all the stars at night since there are no city lights for miles.

I also found a few gems from my childhood as I was rummaging through some of my old stuff. 

First, this beauty!!
My polaroid instant camera!!! Oh man, I lugged this thing all around Yellowstone, Nauvoo, Pebble Beach and more on our family vacations. And I have some very random but classic pictures from those days. Now that I have that it back in my possession there will be many more in the near future.

And finally, the premier find of the weekend...
MY JOURNALS from when I was 12-13 years old!! As any girl knows, this is a time that most of us would like to forget but I for some reason documented (in great detail) my scary obsession with Leonardo Dicaprio ( and a couple other boys) and many other random entries of things most would consider mortifying. 
the inside page of my journal. very classy artwork.
I find them thoroughly hilarious. Matt and I stayed up Late last night laughing at 12 year old Toni. Oh if I could only go back and give her some advice! Don't worry Christina S., I plan on sharing:)

2 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, your old home was beautiful. I love the character. that'll be hard when my parents move from my growing up house one day. I agree, there is no better way to recharge than to go home.

Christina and Ryan said...

Toni, if only we knew each other when we were 12! I totally had a crush on Leo after I saw Titanic...and like 10 other guys (whose pics I cut out of Teen Beat). Tim and Ryan found my journal from jr high/high school and were reading it and laughing at me because I was boy-obsessed and church-obsessed.