Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Favorite Holiday

I've said it before, the fourth of July is my favorite holiday (then Halloween:) ). The hot weather, bbqs, parades, family, swimming, and fireworks! I especially love it when my family is in town for the week because it extends the festivities. This year, CJ and Gavin went to BYU Basketball camp and had a great time.


I convinced my family to get up early to see the Hot Air Balloon Festival and I was amazed that we all made it! When I hosted the Provo Parade I had to do a story on the festival and until then I had no idea it even existed. They all loved the balloons but I think they loved the french toast at Kneaders a little more...



We spent the 4th in Murray with my grandparents and of course had to attend the parade. A
big thanks to Aunt Shelley for providing Dad and Alex with the classiest 4th of July t-shirts
ever created:)

That night we found good spots to park and watch the local fireworks show.


Once we got back home we decided to have our own display. As CJ and I walked past the mirror on G&G's wall, I made a shocking discovery. CJ has finally passed me. Holy crap, he's 14. Regardless, I am very proud!
Pretty ladies
Insert conversation about baseball, basketball, or my dad's shirt here.
Grandpa and the next door neighbors, The Difrancesco's!




The pyromaniacs for the evening
What can I say, the man loves his Crunch'n'Munch haha. How could I not use this picture!?
Sunday evening we had dessert over at our relatives house, Jerry & Cheryl. They are the most entertaining hosts I know! And everyone wants to be invited to Cheryl's because the food is always so delicious. This time we had a banana split bar, so fun and so good.

I love this picture because this is so classic of my grandparents. Grandma giving grandpa "the eye" for something funny he said. Thanks especially to you two for such a fun 4th of July week!! Their house is always home base and it is so fun when we can all get together and just play.
Hope everyone is having a great summer!

5 comments:

Sarah Nelson said...

Okay, so I know I was in Pebble Beach over the 4th, and while I had fun.... I'm so jealous over all of your fun! I love big family get togethers! Alright, when is the next big meeting at G&G's that I'll actually be able to go to? I'm so bummed I'm missing Grandpa's 80th birthday party! Take lots of pictures for me!

Bethany said...

goodness, little CJ? Yet another person I will have to look straight up to to talk to. I just heard about the hot air balloon festival this year too, I wanted to go so badly but we were out of town for the 4th. Your fam is awesome, looks like you had loads of fun as usual.

Jamie and Preston said...

Super cute pics of the family Toni! I can't believe the one of you and CJ!

Unknown said...

Crunch-n-Munch is the greatest substance known to man....next to
Baskins-Robin's Pink Bubble Gum ice cream. And both are totally fat free! :(

Toni S. Cook said...

haha i love the frowny face after your obviously factual statement about your favorite foods! classic.